“RADIANT DARKNESS” / Creative Director: Elena Machado
“Tired of living under the burden of self-imposed limitations, a young woman decides to surrender herself to ocean waters at dawn. This experience helps her re-emerge at sunrise with a renovated sense of freedom and personal power. This is the story of a woman who goes for a transformational dip in the sea.” EM.
To create an audiovisual piece from conception to delivery that combines digital photography, live footage, matte painting, compositing, VFX.
PROJECT AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- IT IS: an existential and motivational video
- IT TELLS: the story of a re-encounter with one’s self.
- IT WANTS: to send a positive message in times of economic and personal crisis, times of uncertainty and change
- HOW?: it renews the obsolete, moves the stagnant, finds the lost, revivifies the dead
- IT TARGETS: those who feel fragmented, who have forgotten themselves, who are tired of living in conflict and having hit rock bottom, are ready to start afresh.
- IT ASKS: are we ready to suspend judgement, let go of baggage, surpass fears and surrender to a new beginning?
- IT INVITES: to enter unknown territory and explore beyond self-imposed limitations; to let go of drags, whims, tantrums, old habits, fears, guilt, resistance; to trust and have the courage to do what is necessary to rescue and empower our forgotten Self; to be kind to ourselves, to listen with the heart, to breathe fully and accept what IS.
- IT REVEALS: the Big Deep and our Radiant Darkness, where something in us OPENS up and recognises itself, leaving space for a new found LIGHT and making us feel empowered, BIG – UNIVERSAL – ETERNAL
- WORDS: accept, let go, flow // connect, touch, express, experience fully // surrender // revivify, rise, breathe
- Writer & Director: Elena Machado
- Producers: Antonio Machado, Chusy Hernández, Juan Manuel Pancorbo
- Cast: Cristina Rios Bordón
- Director of Photography: Elena Machado
- 2nd underwater camera: Angel Fernando
- Production assistant: padrón Jorge Noguerales
- Editing, VFX & Compositing: Elena Machado
- Editing Supervisor: Oscar Troitiño
- VFX Advisor: Juan Manuel Pancorbo
- I.T. Support: Roberto del Pino
- Creative Advisors: Oscar Troitiño, Victor Parras, Enrique Díaz, Edu Gómez, Laura Machado, Eva Machado
- Health & Safety: Juan José Castillo
- Technical Facilities: The Big Picture
- Music & Sound support: Laura Machado, Eva Machado
Main Theme: “i am (creation)” by Bernie Herms / Album: music inspired by the story
Music Copyright: © All music rights reserved to the composer
Credits Theme: “House” by Adam Brainbridge from Kindness / Album: world, you need a change of mind
Music Copyright: © All music rights reserved to the artist